Friday, December 17, 2010

From Teresa at Christmas



I recvd these pictures from card artist Teresa Manchas...what a delightful dimensional card she has created.

I don't have any other information to share with you about Teresa so I have asked her to comment on this post with any blog or website info.

I especially like it when designers add extra dimension (no pun) to their work and go beyond flat or embellished surfaces to create an item that really is a stand along work of paper sculpture.

I am a huge fan of Robert Sabuda and his partner Matthew Reinhart both of whom are master paper artists.

They are really promoting the pop up book and cards as an art form and trying to get people into paper engineering-I hope many of the taleneted designers who have shared their work like Teresa will check out their website HERE.

It seems to me that digi stamps and paper crafting in general can go to much higher levels in the hands of designers who stretch their limits and move to the next level by adding dimensional or pop up elements to their work.

I googled "How to make a pop up card" and found MANY links withn tutorials and videos on the subject besides Sabuda so I hope in 2011 we will be seing this sort of paper engineering becoming a big part of card design.

Thanks to Teresa Manchas for sharing her delightful work-she is the first to receive my new 2011 Thank You sheet.

2 comments:

  1. Rick, This is fantastic, as are the cards in the previous post! Such beautiful work! I haven't had any time to do anything much, other than prepare for Christmas, so I'm envious! By the way, I love the new images for spring....the castle is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, Thank you for posting my card! I cannot tell you how much I love your digi images! They are so yummy! I will be doing more cards, cannot wait! I have a blog.....http://scrapthis-catz.blogspot.com/
    Thanks again! Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...