Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring




This week blog owner Itkupilli (Kirsi) passed on a COOLAGE OBSESSION challenge from someone else-it involved the 3 graces and spring-also a large psychedelic doughnut which I forced myself to use...I think the final piece with icons of water, magic, rebirth and new life speaks directly to the coming of spring-those bright colours that are the shoots and buds before the full bloom...I also softened the background with an overlay of Hydrengeas to help bring together the colour scheme...the mermaids and the other lady are fom Itkupilli's Waterhouse Beauties sheet as are some of the other elements.
Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Lots of eye candy here :)
    I particularly like the image of the woman with the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb celebration of spring with brilliant design, scrumptious colours and a real sense of rebirth and new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the composition especially the ring in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Rick. What a fabulous piece of art. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Rick you did a really nice job with the theme. Glad you could use the ring. The way you manipulated the image to make it meld with the rest of your image is very clever.
    Lonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That disparate "psychadelic donut" had me puzzled too, Rick! You managed to camouflage it nicely in your colorful piece. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a collection of beautiful images cleverly collaged.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...