Monday, February 7, 2011

Transformation



I am befuddled by transsexualism---I don't get it. I have known several TS people in my life but just found a "bad joke" quality to the whim of a higher power that would make a man who had to change his sex in order to be a lesbian...The Collage Obsession challenge from Glenys this week was about transformation and transforming something into something so I transformed my question into a visual equivalent...hope you enjoy Metamorphosis.

Let me be perfectly clear that I support any one's right to alter themselves in whatever way in may take to achieve happiness and mental health so transgender people have every right to find their happiness---I sincerely hope that this drastic change IS the answer they need.

9 comments:

  1. Intriguing interpretation of the challenge, Rick. Thought-provoking components! I have a feeling there's a significance to each, but I'm still thinkin' about the Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever floats ones boat, I say.

    Nice take on the theme this week. It was a thinker, for sure!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of images.
    Yes, life is a mystery... I second Jan's thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My feeling is if you are born with a penis, then it's meant to be there. But you've certainly created an interesting collage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Wonderful concept AND execution. Very inspiring work, Rick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creating a 'visual equivalent of a question' - quite a challenge, but you have performed it very successfully. Interesting piece, Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick, this is a great piece of transformed art. Truly astounding.
    glenys

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing I like about your work is that it pushes me to take the time to study all of its elements. There is so much to see and it is obvious you put a lot of thought into illustrating the theme. Superb design and artwork here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...