Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Little Tramp



This week Kirsi (Itkupilli) provided two images of Charlie Chaplin as the Little Tramp so I decied to collage up a faux "publicity Shot" of the type common to the days of Vaudeville-along the road a troupe of Vaudeville girls has stopped for a picnic and happened to cross paths with Charlie Chaplin thus this photo.
Shots like this promoted both the movie star and the participants-in this case the fictitious TIPPECANOE TAPPERS. (click on the image for a larger view)

For the 2nd Charlie Chaplin image I did Little Scandals-Charlie "fell down" when he became involved with 14 year old Lita Grey-like many scandals in Hollywood eventually Chaplin suffered from the scandal and didn't appear in Hollywood for many years.




Thanks for a funn collage challange Kirsi!

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting and full of fun, like most of your collages, so much to look. Hope you have time to make the other one too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun design, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great collages. I love them both. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Both are incredibly fun to look at. I really like the one with him at the Hollywood sign, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your details are the best!!!
    Partial to the airplane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your creative Tramp-themed collages! I think the second one is my favorite. Love that crow on his head and how he's in front of the Hollywood sign. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great Rick... I didn't know that bit of trivia in your last piece regardng Charlie Chaplin... Very interesting.... Awesome job !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...