Monday, September 24, 2012

2 of our newer EDt members have projects to share

I recvd two projects this afternoon that I wanted to share with you-one feom Helen who has been withn us for awhile but is still newish and the other from Suzi McKenzie who hasn't been published yet on my blog.

Helen needed a birthday card for a friend and ecided to use ESMERALDA a new 2012 digi that I havnt even seen coloured yet.



I really like the rich colours Helen used and the addittion of the gold-I would have never thought of using this combination but it works and it would also make a great Valentine card with something about Love in your Future!

Here are a couple more shots of Helen's card.



This image is really versetile and could be coloured in peacock colours, antique reds and browns or traditional Gypsy with a rainbow of hues-Thanks Helen for sharing this great project and letting me see how Esmeralda colours up.

The 2nd card is from SUZI McKENZIE and is her first project on my blog:


This card uses MISS RAZZLE DAZZLE an image we will be seeing more of soon in the first challenge on the new Sparkle and Glitter Challenge blog.

I was suprised at how popular this digi has been-she is a little touch over the top but I really like the blue dress and red hair combo and the way Suzi combined feathers and other rich embellishment to make this a very show bizzy card.

I designed this with an intricate :beaded" trimon the dress assuming that designers would sparkle it up but so far I havnt seen it happen-this sort fo Vegas costume almost demands glitter.

I sorta like the micro glitters but for my own work I prefer RHINESTONES-especially the self adhesive stones from ME AND MY BIG IDEAS-they are almost a swarovski quality and have a good depth of colour and sparkle.

The peel and stick adhesive is one of the better ones on the market and I do brayer over the stones lightly with a rubber roller to help them adhere-a touch of jewel glue never hurts.

MAMBI stones are available from Michaels and JoAnns both in store and online.

Thanks Suzi for this captivating redhead in blue-LOVE IT-and glad to have you on my EDT!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW I cant keep up with all the wonderful creations, They are stunning, Love Hxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...