Monday, September 17, 2012

Project review...the design team has been busy!

I am so backed up on posts-I used to BLOG daily-then I blogged when I felt like it-now I am posting as fast as I can,,,too much wonderful stuff...OK here goes: Helen Cullum sent me her busted down witch project-I'm so glad to have a sample of this image to show you-sine I do black and white drawings I am always amazed to see what colours are chosen and how each designer adds their own "feel" to images.
Isn't this cool-the candle goes in the matching box and the whole thing becomes a super gift---Helen did this for a MELTING challange, great idea... Helen says about the project: I coloured the image with promarkers then scanned and printed onto cheap copy paper for the candle. The dies used for the box spellbinders labels 2 for the witch MS cobweb and drippy goo edge punches there is some tattered angels crepe ribbon going round the box there as well but hidden by the image box constructed with a single 12x12" sheet of TH grunge coredinations Thanks Helen for this great idea piece! Nataliya did the haunted house lantern that is now on the facebook button-I will be changing out the button frequently with new, current projects. I think tis is a cute idea-I like that she used the images in black and white but of course they could be coloured or painted with transparent jewel tones like Doc Martins.
This is one of those great found object, altered art projects that I love and the lantern is perfect for many winter holidays with a change out of the images... these shots were done with a candle inside but Nataliya suggests an LED pumpkin light available at most drug/variety stores for safty! Thanks Nataliya who wouldn't want one of these?
Monique did this projecct with Hannah Halloween-I really like the colours-it's like a new thing-GIRLY HALLOWEEN!!!
Here are Monique's project notes: orange cardstock spider webb stamp http://www.de-stempelwinkel.nl/index.php?item=plate-08-grave-tidings--18-x-23-cm&action=article&group_id=10000057&aid=7294&lang=EN the dotted paper is from Avec (it's old don't think they have it anymore) http://www.avec.nl/nl/home the purple stripe is We R memorykeepers the die is from boekenvoordeel http://www.boekenvoordeel.nl/snijmal-double-dies-scalloped-square.html the spiders and flower from my stash the flourish is Tim Holtz the broom I made myself using a twig from our garden, rope and wire Thanks Monique-she's a sweetie! And finally TINE-so good to see a new project from Tine who always has a unique take on each design:
Tine used I HHAVE A NEW TOOTH to make this adorable card-I love the little guy in his bright orange vest and the traditional Halloween olours throughout the project -great job! Tine also did this ard which I have her EDT listing linked to:
This card uses CHICAGO from my Broadway Ladies series available under the General tab on my ETSY shoppe. Making a 50th birthday card with this image says that 50 is really the new 35...love Tine's colour choices-right on trend. Thanks ladies for these and all the other projeccts you did this past weekend-what an art show of great stuff...

3 comments:

  1. WOW all stunning creations, They are fantastic, Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!! What a beautiful collection Ladies. You did fantastic job!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...