Friday, September 14, 2012

Pumpkin Things - Helen has been busy

Helen Cullum sent me these two wonderful projects this morning using 2 of my new digis the Pumpkin King and Pumpkin Demon...I guess you can tell I love charecters with Pumpkins for heads...no explanation, just do!
The Pumpkin King and Pumpkin Demon were both done for the same reason-it was all about the poses...after being in the arts for more than 40 years and drawing my while life I still learn and refine everyday and often set myself challenges like difficult poses or complicated costumes. I draw from my mind when I do people and charecters-I don't look at a model or picture and although I know there are flaws and mistakes in my anatomy (and that of my drawings LOL) I know when it feels right to me. I decided to show Helens full cards first and then I will show the detail shots. Here's Helens product list-theres lots of stuff in these two creations!!! Papers My minds eye - Halloween Sparkles Images coloured with promarkers pumpking demon labels8 die cut coredinations TH distress range with Design objectives embossing folder other card/paper, dewdrops and ribbon from stash pumpkin embellishment - homemade pumpkin king (think) go-create die additional paper - Authentique - Glowing dewdrops, cobweb fabric and crown charm from stash tassel and flower homemade sentiment - computer generated
I love both of Helen's cards but especially the way she coloured the pumpkin demon-the glowing lining on his cape is working for me. Hope you've enjoyed seeing these cards-My EDT has been working hard to turn out samples and I am hearing from some of you that you apprecciate the oloured samples because my drawings an be a little more complicated to colour-I certainly appreciate the samples because I really enjoy seeing what otherv people do with my work! Almost time for the 31 days of Halloween hop at Smeared and Smudged-I'm looking foreward to that one...

3 comments:

  1. Oh these are amazing, what brilliant creations, love the colouring, Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, from coloring to embellishments.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful coloured cards, love them both

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...