Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spiders are not my favorite things...

Spiders are very Halloweeny aren't they? They can give you a good scare or make you freak out if one is crawling on you---that picture of the spider staring back with its 8 eyes from a Japanese womans ear canal certainly creeped me out.

I do think spider webs are beautiful and fascinating.

Last year I did a series of mutant aliens which included two sort of monster movie spiders one of which was DEAR AUNT SPIDEY-well, they weren't huge hits-a little too bizarre for the digi world at that time or at least my audience.

This year people seemed to like the more hard core Halloween stuff so I tried the mutants again and they have done well-the Alice card Monique did was from that series and she has now sent me this great TAG using Dear Aunt spidey!



I love #8 tags-its one papercraft thing I love to do and I make sort of collaged tags using my digital art and other embellishments-I frequently do trades with them.

This tag just has so much texture-Monique did it for a specific challenge so if you have seen it elsewhere I apologize I had to hold it till after her challenge post was published...

Here is her product list:

for the tag I used
flourish tim holtz
leaves from a punch don't know which brand
spiderweb stamp and little spiders http://www.de-stempelwinkel.nl/index.php?action=article&aid=7294&group_id=20000105&lang=EN
embossing folder woodgrain
distress ink walnut stain and rusty hinge
Dear Aunt Spidey digi by Rick St. dennis

Thanks Monique for making Dear Aunt Spidey a part of your crafting...Love her...just not so fond of spiders...

4 comments:

  1. Oh she is so spooky, Im only scared of them if they are staring right at me like this one, Lol, Hxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...