Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Here comes day 6

I have heard lots of nice comments about our first annual CREEPMAS blog hop-glad that everyone is enjoying the strange and creepy ride.


Let me give all credit to my wonderful deisgn team which stretches from here in California way south to Austrailia across the states and into Canada and finally to the UK, Scotland, Holland and Sweden.


This diverse and carefully selected group of women are all talented, creative and wonderfully caring people and without them much of what we do would not be possible.


If you havn't visited the challenge blog at Sparkle and Glitter I hope you will do so-there are handy links in the sidebars-the twice montly challenges are all judged by the EDT members and we have 3 prizes for winning designs and one randomly selected "entry prize" usually provided by a sponsor company.


The design team also hosts my fan page on facebook "RICK ST DENNIS DIGI FANS AND FRIENDS" as well as other interest groups.


I have been featuring a project from an EDT member on this blog during the hop and today I will give you a preview of our upcoming WINTER IN WHITE CHALLENGE starting December 7, 2012 at Sparkle and Glitter>


This card is done by Elaine Lienhart the very first EDT member who has stayed around all these years using my SANTA WITH PIPE digi-I think its lovely and there are many other spectacular samples which will be on view come Friday at the challenge blog.





My project for this blog is the one I wanted to post yesterday and got waylayed by an uncooperative camera-so I had to scan my projects.


My sister had sent me a note and commented that she doesn't have any nice notecards anymore and never thinks to buy any-that's the sort of comment that immediatly goes in my gift ideas folder in my brain.


My sister is of somewhat conservative tastes so I decided to make her some notecards using images I thought she would like-she loves kids especially-and I did them with simple folds of white vellum cardstock a quick black and white frame and my hand coloured digis on Nennah Solar White linen 80lb card-coloured of course with Spectrim Noir pens.


It also has a cute window box to hold the set which I can't show you because you can't scan 3D items very well...yet.




The first sets include Randi Dandi BERNADETTE and
COLLETTE as well as a selection of EURO KIDS.


I used the entire FS (flesh) range most of the GB (gold Brown) and TN (tans), many CR (coral). TB (True Blue) and LG (light Greens).


I also used the Dark Reds, Oranges, Citrus Yellows. Light Yellows and some Turquoise and Pinks (both Light and Bright).


Like many artists I tend to have favorite colours and for me its the neutrals like the Ice greys NS eArth Browns.



I think the little euro girl with the duck (PAULINE) is one of my favorites-you may not know that the original EURO GIRLS digis were named for the design team members.


Now each time a new design team member joins the "club" they recieve a EURO GIRL of their own-the most popular of the designs has been GLORIA'S but the most popular of the EURO design group is the Clown Troupe by far.





The version above was done by Suzi McKenzie-Hazel also did a version for her Spectrim Noir Tutorial.





You get the idea and I suspect my Sis will never use any of the cards she will probably frame a couple so they are all signed just like "art prints" should be.


Enjoy your hopping today and look for the mystery image somewhere in EDT land-have fun!





8 comments:

  1. Love the notelets for your sister and Elaines card, I think that Santa is one of the best Ive ever seen, hes so jolly. Its thanks to you for what we do as without your images we wouldnt be able to make the cards and items, Have a Fab Thursday, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that would be a dilemma - frame them and hang them or use them and show off her brother's many talents with every card. These make such a wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, WOOOOOOW!!!!!! OMG!!! First of all let me Thank you for such nice comment about us EDT. You are very sweet Man and we love you. And what a beautiful collection of cards!!! Your sister sure will love them. It's just amazing all that rainbow of colors. You ROCK in my Eyes!!!!!
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous gift--and what a lucky sister! (I probably would frame & keep them all, too!)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the note cards, Rick! Anyone would be thrilled to get them. I don't think I'd send them out to people...I'd want to keep them to look at them over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Sis won't send a single one - unless it's to a really special person. You are a sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such lovely work by all! I wouldn't give up a one of those beautiful note cards. She's gonna be over the moon! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's an awesome gift for your Sister, I think she won't send a single one too, i know i wouldn't send them to anyone

    thanks for your nice comments about us, your the best boss ever :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...