Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Follies Bergeres

Nataliya loves to do projects with long legged, sexy showgirls-so I drew this Follies Bergeres dancer with her is mind.


Located at 32 rue Richer in the 9th Arrondissement, the Folies Bergère was built as an opera house by the architect Plumeret. The closest métro stations are Cadet and Grands Boulevards.


It opened on 2 May 1869 as the Folies Trévise, with fare including operettes, opéra comique (comic opera), popular songs, and gymnastics. It became the Folies Bergère on 13 September 1872, named after a nearby street, the rue Bergère ("bergère" means "shepherdess").


In 1882, Édouard Manet painted his well-known painting A Bar at the Folies-Bergère which depicts a bar-girl, one of the demimondaines, standing before a mirror.


The theatre presented spectacular productions featuring beautiful showgirls in outrageous costumes featuring feathers, rhinestones and rich fabrics-In the mid 1900's a version of the French show came to Las Vegas and was a huge success well into the early 2,000's.





Here's what NATALIYA says about her creation:






Follies Bergeres- gorgeous image by Rick St. Dennis. For the skin i used Prisma Pencils, and used Copic Markers for her Dress. After that i used Glossy Accents and used Micro Beads and Stickles for her Jewels. And some more Glitter to her Dress . For the background i used MS punch on Pink Cardstock. Beautiful backing paper is a Digital Paper from Bearly Mine Designs.


Also i used for the first time my new corner and butterfly Dies from Simon Says Stamps, which i won with Rick's image Sleepy Santa. Whoo-Hoo!!! And To make my corners more pretty, i added Pearls to it.


Yesterday i received this in my Mail. Thanks Santa (and Rick!)!!


I cut Butterfly twice to make it look 3D. On the side i added White Lace and Pink Ribbon on the top. As you can see i did some stitching also. I hope you like my card as much as i do.






Thanks Nataliya for sharing your spectacular card project-I think the micro beads would work well on many of my designs and of course I love the self adhesive rhinestone especially the beautiful, high quality stones from ICONs by Me and My Big Ideas


I have tried many rhinestones and ICONS are by far the best for sparkle, colour and assortment of styles and sizes-I USUALLY buy mine from JoAnne's online to get the best variety and selection, Michael's does have some on the shelf but not nearly enough for a sparkle guy like me.


I have also been testing micro glitter in paint or glue form and by far I love STICKLES-they have wonderful colours, great sparkle and are quite controllable after one plays with them a bit---their colour palatte is very sophisticated and they even have some "designer" variations. (For the best prices on STICKLES check EBAY-I have found some multiple bottle deals at about 30% off retail per bottle or more and with free shipping as well).


FOLLIES BERGERES is now available in my Etsy Shoppe along with many new springy (and a few creepy) designs.


Thanks again to Nataliya Simpson for sharing her card and techniques. I have very talented EDT ladies and Nataliya is my go to girl for sparkle.

9 comments:

  1. Oh love the sparkle shes a stunner. Watch my blog for some Stickles news at the weekend!! Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to learn, something i did not know. I would LOVE to see this kind of show ones in my life time. Maybe one day.
    Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words about me and my card.
    I have soooooo much Glitter and all kind of micro beads, i think you you need to draw more images (wink)
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgoeus card and wonderful coloring, great to hear what kind of beads and glitter is used!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely fabulous!!!!!!
    Blog Hugs,
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful the image is simply stunning and coloured so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick, she is a fabulous new image. Nataliya, you did a magnificent job coloring her and creating a lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing with us! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    P.S. I am a big Stickles fan, but using just opt for the Stardust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image and Nat you made her look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Natalia! Perhaps you ARE a sexy long legged showgirl. You sure know how to dress 'em! Must investigate the micro beads, the effect is just dazzling! Gorgeous work! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...