Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Faux Finishes at SNS

It's time for the 2nd SMEARED INK DESIGN TEAM THROW DOWN : Congrads to HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE for their win on the first go round...we are sending them all violets courtesy of the Adriana Lecouvreur Florist, "ECCO LA LUCE"...

The winner of the previous match gets to select the theme for this one and they have picked FAUX FINISHES...

My team and I have accordingly produced a collection of projects which all feature faux finishes as well as a collection of new digis which I did for this weeks throw down.

MIRANDA - the Netherlands



Faux distressed metals and rust offset by faux blood set the tone for our collection BONEYARD.

Miranda used two of my new skull digis CANDLESKULL and WHA' HAPPRENED and a couple of the supporting digis from the collection THIGH BONE and BONEYARD SIGN (which comes blank for your personalization).

I love the heavy texture MIRANDA achieved on her projects.

MONIQUE - the Netherlands



We all did at least one Tag project as well as additional projects-here is Monique's tag featuring distressed Metal and;



Monique's Fabulous poison bottle complete with handy serving spoon and 4 sides of details-truly a wonderful creation-It was a decorated bottle that won Monique a spot on my EDT-I think you can see why.

RICK - WESTEDGE USA

Another of our design requirements this week besides Faux Finishes and my new digi collection was to include one or more digi or stamp from SMEARED INK-I used the flying Raven from the Holy City Collection and one of the Death Cabs - I believe there are 4-mine are digis-my team mates used rubber and/or digis-be sure to check out SMEARED INKS vast collection of unique designs.

Miranda used this IMAGE and Monique this IMAGE, Falling Dead Dancer.



My Graveyard Tag on a Faux Marble background created with a sea sponge and DECO ART Americana Paints using a bit of gel medium to keep the paint open so I could use a large fluffy brush to dry brush and soften the marble effect-I finished with a brush on matte sealer.



My Raven Tag and finally;



Another tag using a different marble technique - this one mostly dry brushing and blending.

I also did a collection of Faux Verdegris (Oxidized Copper Patina) shadow boxes with peek-a-boo vignettes.



The copper patina is accomplished by basecoating the item with COPPER PENNY by DECOART a wonderful line of metallic acrylics that have a true metal look (not pearl) then wet into wet sponging I used several colours including Dark Patina, SEA BREEZE and PISTACHIO MINT--at the end you work drier in order to get the true oxidized metal look and feel.

The important thing is to always allow a bit of the coppery shine to show through.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing our projects-here is a gallery collection to close:












22 comments:

  1. Great collection of finishes and I love the new stamps. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant projects from all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. creepyliciously cool love your creations Rick and Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job teamies you are the best ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully wicked projects everyone! Seems that faux metal is the soup d'jour all around! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my these are great creations for the S&S throw down challenge. I will have to remember to get back to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you all did such a good job Ladies and Rick.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. These works of art are amazing. I love everything about them, the finishes and the new digis. You all did good! Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Aletha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly awesome project, love all the different textures, so cool. Love the new digis too
    Good Luck all
    Hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys have turned out yet more of some fantastic art, all the pieces are just amazing! The new digis are a must have. Thank you, for everything xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am blown away by all of these projects. Every. Single. One. They are insanely cool, and your faux finishes are perfect. Absolutely amazing job by all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic faux EVERYTHING! So many techniques and all beautifully done.The skulls are gorgeous....i do so love skulls!... good luck in the throwdown.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, what a great collection. All faux's, fabulous! Wonderful projects everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FAB faux finishes from all. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...just wow! I am overwhelmed with all of the superb technique. I love how your team coordinates for each challenge and presents an overall outstanding collection of pieces that work fabulously together and apart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this is amazing, I love the way you have done the marbling, Stunning creations, they are brilliant. Think I like the Graveyard tag the best, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of the best compliments I ever got was watching 3 huge men try to pick up a 20lb coffee table that I had Faux marbled the top of-they almost put it through the ceiling----they all looked at me like I had told them the truth about the Easter Bunny-then the skinny guy put it under his arm and carried it to the truck

      Delete
  17. Seriously fabulous entries from you and Miranda and Monique for round two of the throwdown challenge!! Great work team!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superb finishes and these tags rock !! Love the skullie with the eye :-)
    IKE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Brilliant work! Every single project is superb! The faux finishes are amazing and I love that the collective effort is so cohesive, yet each project is strong enough to stand alone. Great makes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...