Tuesday, April 23, 2013

GDT project-CHANA HARRIS

I've worked with Chana quite a bit because I sponsor challenge blogs that she's involved with.


The first time I saw her work I was really impressed by how she combined colours and textures in a very sophisticated way.


I'm sure many of you have noticed that there are wonderful projects that immediately catch your eye but then there are those special few that literally take ones breath away.



This picture shows the first shot of Chana's work which caught my attention-I love how she coordinated the projects with colour and texture but you can still clearly see my digi image in the set up.


I asked Chana to share a little bit about herself and here is what she shared with me:
I am a very novice card maker from Decatur, GA. I will try almost any paper craft at least once, but my true loves are cards and personal stationery. I enjoy working on Design Teams, but recently cut my teams from nine down to 3. I want to take more classes (and actually complete them) and spend more time just creating without time and content constraints. I don't know that I have a particular style, but I do think I present a very clear design point of view in most of my projects. I love earth tones and many of my creations stay in the blue, green and brown color families.

I think we can all agree that Chana's work certainly doesn't look like a novice.


Everyone knows what I look for in good projects: Colour, Composition, Texture and attention to detail; I think Chana gets high marks in all these areas.


When I invite a designer to d a GDT for me on one of our blogs part of the fun is sending them an unpublished Image that they can help me roll out.


I asked Chana to do HATTIE my newest hat lady and here is the project she sent me:




I love the easy way all these elements flow together and have a casual, unstudied feel almost as if they were dropped on a desk blotter.

Watch at the end of this post for a link to where yo can get a digi special featuring Hattie.


As I said I sponsor often at Chana's blog 613 Avenue Create - Chana had this to say about her challenge blogs:

I own my a challenge blog, along with my Partner Kathi Silvia. We have a talented team of designers and have had a wonderfully positive response to our challenges. We previously operated a challenge blog that featured the work of Artist Robert Jackson; when that ended, we kept the team together and launched 613 Avenue Create. I love working with Rick's images and am just thrilled to have him as a sponsor and past GDT on our blog. I am working on two other projects with Rick St. Dennis images and hope to have them posted on my blog and YouTube Channel by the second week in May. I wanted to use them for this GDT, but I broke my camera and need to replace it. I want to take time to shop for a good one, because photography can help or hurt a project. I would love to have you visit my personal blog: Card-d-ology (http://redoralee.blogspot.com) and, of course, enter a project into one of the weekly challenges at 613 Avenue Create (http://avenue613.blogspot.com)

I am sponsoring this weeks challenge and the DT has done a great collection of inspiration pieces-drop over there and take a look-you'll find 613 Avenue Create HERE.

"Hattie" will be available here for a limited time at a discounted price-If you like Hat lady digis, please check Moniques post April 24, 2013 at SPARKLE AND GLITTER on Mothers day gifty for a BIG hat lady special online ONLY:





Blog Exclusive $2.50 for a limited time only!! Usr the handy, SAFE and secure buy it button from PayPal-Thanks!








6 comments:

  1. Chana is an inspiration! I love her work! :) Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure gorgeousness! Chana has such a beautiful way of creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rick,

    Thanks, again for this opportunity! I would have been here sooner, but my internet decided to join my camera ( I guess it was a sympathy vote). I appreciate your kind words and I love Hattie.

    My Team at 613 Avenue Create and My teams at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog and The Outlawz (Greetings Team) are big fans and admirers. We appreciate your sponsorship and your contribution to making possible for crafters to have great digital art to work with.

    Thanks, much,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards are so gorgeous. Great job chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chana, you always make such intricate, beautiful items! This is no exception--really well-done! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly exquisite work, Chana! Fabulous in every detail. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...