Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Throwdown #3 at Smeared and Smudged

I am now on the Airless Chambers Team-so that's fun-I get to work with the same people but somebody else is in charge---little happy dance for me.


Anyway, this challenge SMEARED AND SMUDGED 3 DESIGN TEAM THROW DOWN was for a mini book and I found it difficult to get started and after MANY false starts I finally found my footing.


I remembered I had some black, chipboard tags about the size of a twinchie so I went searching through my stash and finally found them.


The only way I could manage was to trace off the shape, draw the image, glue it to the chip and then colour it-I wanted comic book/ funny papers colours---I don't usually use such bright colours together but it was fun and for no reason at all I did a Zentamgle cover and had a blast colouring that-my promarkers are decidedly becoming my favorites-I like the fine end a lot and the colours are a bit more subtle-so thanks Helen for suggesting those---anyone want to buy my complete set of spectrum Noirs????

In accordance with the rules I did use one digi stamp (not mine its a Smeared Ink image)-can you find it amongst my pages?


Here is the cover shot for the challenge-the coins obviously are for scale.





The whole thing fit on a 1 inch ring and I used trims from my stash to decorate the ring-and here are the pages:





All sorts of creatures and of course my favorite little monster a kid with a knife-the most dangerous of all.


Hope you enjoy seeing my creation and be sure and stop by Monique'S and Miranda's blogs and see theirs as well!

Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Awesome tag book! Love all your colorful monsters! Good luck at the S&S Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK! How fun! You sure you aren't gonna have any of those fab images in your shop? LOVE the bright colors and the cover is FAB! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really did an amazing job by making such small tags. I love all the images can't tell which is my fav. Those bright colours are awesome too

    Super gaaf boekje. Geweldig gedaan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. supergaaf tagboekje Rick...
    I can't believe how small it really is, and this family of monsters is just fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool! Love the bright colours and those monsters. By the looks on their faces, they have no idea how small they really are. Big attitude! Love the detail in your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Rick! Very vibrant, and loving all your cool wee monsters!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri-your book is just lovely I just havnt had the time to get over to your blog but I will!!

      Delete
  7. Great mini tag book, Rick! Fabulous colors and yes, that little kid with the knife is far more terrifying than any monster!! I am enjoying all the bright colors that everyone (myself included) is using this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful mini-book, Rick! Such a cute size, and the artwork is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lush mini tag book. The colouring is just perfect as always. The images are divine and the ribbons holding it together just make it pop even more. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - these tags are made even more amazing when size is taken into consideration. The colouring is out of this world to match those glorious little monsters. I like the raven touch on page 2 ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhh love this....so fun. I think a collection of the images you used in this would be fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...