Sunday, May 5, 2013

Welcome to a new EDT member -JEN

I had featured JEN Leeflang awhile back on Sparkle and Glitter doing a GDT spot using the Kaualani image which got a great response.



I am happy to report that JEN has joined our EDT on the SPARKLE AND GLITTER team (one of TWO new members on the EDT stay tuned for more about the other lady).


I aked her to do a project using another new image SPANGLES and I especially asked her to make it very glitzy-see what you think of her project...





I am just LOVING this Over the Top construction and let me show you a couple more shots before I tell you about it:\




Here's one that shows the dimension:





Have you ever seen embellies like those? No? Well that because she MADE them...


Here's what Jen says about the embellishments:
Feathers, sequins, beads, and lots of bling! and (LOL!) the round embellishment is made up of two pairs of false eyelashes – pink feather eyelashes and pink lurex eyelashes - bought at the Chinese Wholesaler. If you think it’s too OTT.... Usually I let the image speak to me to tell me what needs to be done, and in this case, Spangles would just not shut up! LOL!!!


Jen, I think many designers will tell you my images are very noisy (and pushy) sometimes...when it comes to costumes I always say too much is never enough...eyelashes???? WOW!!!


Jen SEWS her embellies on and sent a shot to show what's going on BACKSTAGE:





I know, we need a tutorial or six...


I think you'll agree Jen is a great addition to my EDT...her's a snippet from her BIO:



“My name is Jen Leeflang. I’m married to Pete, and mother of Nicholas (23), Blayne (20) and Kellan (18). I am a little ‘craft crazy’!


I majored in High School Art and Art History, and have always dabbled in one craft or another for as long as I can remember. In 2007 I gave up my formal job as a PRO and Fundraiser for a school to be a stay at home mum while I homeschooled our two younger sons.
Since December 2012, I am a freelance agent for an importer of paper crafts products, design digi stamps for a South African based online digi store, and also design, make, and bead costumes for bellydancers.


You can read more HERE.


SPANGLES is now available in my ETSY shoppe-you can find her HERE.


Welcome JEN and I hoe you have a great time on our team.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats Jen on being a new member of the EDT! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jen to be the new member of Rick's Design Team. Good luck and love to see your creations! This one is already fabulous! Love the colors and especially the bling! Greetings, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen did a superb job with your gorgeous image, Rick! And congratulations again, Jen! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jen! You are going to enjoy it here and make Rick's images sparkle!
    Hugs,
    Aletha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jen. Welcome to the team

    You did am amazing job with this one. Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for a well deserved place on the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Jen! Great card and love all that 'Sparkles"!
    Great to see a South African making her mark.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am familiar with Jen's work and it is ALWAYS AMAZING! She will be a fabulous addition to your team and will showcase your beautiful images 100%+! Congrats Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...