Friday, July 4, 2014

My Red White and Blue Challenge

I asked my Facebook fans and friends to submit cards to a personal challenge-specifically a card or project done mostly in RED WHITE AND BLUE in honor of the 4th of July Holiday here in the states but specifically an out of the box card that needn't be Patriotic.

I did receive some entries and as promised I will post ALL of the projects I received here.

Damarys a new member of our EDT kindly did a couple of projects that certainly are winners but of course she cannot compete because she is on the EDT.


Bombshell is one of my newer hat ladies and of course is perfect for a patriotic challenge since she has the World War 2 chorus girl look.


MAE was an interesting choice but works quite nicely in an almost Statue of Liberty sort of way-Thanks DAMARYS for these two great projects.

 
 
Gran Margaret used a BITSY image for the sweet Christmas Card-did you know the during both World Wars Patriotic cards were quite popular?

 
 
Bonnie used one of my earliest digis - this is from the period when I was doing images for PROJECT WRITE HOME.

Linda Kupstas used on of my fashion digis I think its called Christmas gown-this project has a wonderful feeling and I love the way the embellishments compliment the image.

 
Deborah picked a very unusual image and made it work for the challenge, This is TWENTY WINKs-it also comes with a border design.
 
 
 

Tina-Mary also picked an unusual design The Goddess of Moonlight on Evening Fog-one of my 1,000 Chinese Goddesses Collection (by far the most popular). She did a great job on all those folds of red fabric. This card was a strong contender for the win.

I picked a project that used a holiday image, really used the colour palatte in an exciting way and captured the theme without diminishing my image it was also the only entry that used an image from my RANDI DANDI range now available on I BRAKE FOR STAMPS exclusively in both Digis and Rubber.

SO...without further ado the winner of my 2014 RED, White and Blue Challenge who will receive a gift certificate for my ZIBBET shop worth Seventeen Dollars and Seventy Six Cents (1776 get it? LOL)-----



Pauline Pollington's beautifully shaded salute to Celebrating is simple, clean and dynamic and puts the artwork in the starring role-Speaking of Stars I love how her embellies repeat the stars in the girls hair.

Perfect choice of papers, ribbon etc.

Congrads Pauline-please contact me at rickstdennis@yahoo.com to get your prize code

Next up will be my MERMAID challenge - use any of my mermaid images or make an image into a mermaid-get entry details on my FACEBOOK fan page. Prize will be announced in AUGUST 2014.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Rick, she is so beautiful, and was a joy to colour! I adore your images, your artwork has brought a new dimension to my crafting. Thank you for sharing your talent, happy Independence Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow so many beautiful creations and the colouring is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see all the entries together. Congratulations to Pauline!

    Off to check out my mermaid images now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Pauline!!!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the challenge Rick. Lovely cards everyone.
    Congratulations Pauline.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...